Your privacy on the Internet is important to Stonefly Press
- How Stonefly Press collects and uses Personally Identifiable Information
- With whom Stonefly Press may share Personally Identifiable Information
- The choices available to you, as a Website visitor, regarding collection, use and sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
- The security procedures that Stonefly Press has in place for Personally Identifiable Information under our control
You may opt out of our sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for marketing purposes, by following the directions in the Sharing Personally Identifiable Information.
Collection and Use
Stonefly Press does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you except when you expressly volunteer the information. This includes when you:
- Register for an event, become a Member, purchase or download a Stonefly Press product or service.
- Request information (electronically) about Stonefly Press products and services, subscribe to newsletters, or enter a promotional contest.
- Use or participate in various services or features made available on the Website (including, for example and without limitation, blogs and other user communities).
- Use various tools to select Stonefly Press products and services that are suitable for your Website visit.
- Request contact with a Stonefly Press sales representative.
- Provide Stonefly Press with comments, questions or feedback about Stonefly Press products and services or your Website experience.
"Personally Identifiable Information" includes, for example, your name; home or business address; e-mail address; telephone, wireless and/or fax number; short message service or text message address or other wireless device address; instant messaging address; credit card and other payment information; employment information and work experience; demographic information and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
Among other things, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your requests and inquiries and to provide you with the services and features offered on or through the Website. We may also use your Personally Identifiable Information to communicate timely information and special offers (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) about products, services, companies and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you. You may choose not to receive such information by contacting us via our online contact form here. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you register for an event or pay for products and services using a credit card, Personally Identifiable Information (such as your name and shipping address) and financial information (such as your credit card number and expiration date) may be required. This information may be used for billing purposes and to fill orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information may be used to get in touch with you. Personally Identifiable Information also may be collected when you apply for a position with Stonefly Press or an event sponsored by Stonefly Press. In these cases, Personally Identifiable Information is used only for the purpose of processing and evaluating the application.
The Personally Identifiable Information you give us via the Website and information about your order may be combined with other Personally Identifiable Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources (including, without limitation, our worldwide databases). This information may be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient and will help us to improve the operations and maintenance of our Website and business.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information
Stonefly Press may share Personally Identifiable Information collected electronically through its Website in the following ways:
- Stonefly Press or Stonefly Press partners may use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and/or a credit card processing company to bill for goods and services purchased through the Stonefly Press Website, and Stonefly Press will share Personally Identifiable Information with those entities.
- From time to time, Stonefly Press works with business partners, service providers and sponsors to provide specific products and services, such as jointly developed and marketed products and services. When you sign up for or utilize such products or services, we will share Personally Identifiable Information necessary for the partner/sponsor to provide these products or services to you.
- Stonefly Press may provide certain firms with its postal mailing address list (which includes names and postal addresses) on a rental basis, and, in some cases, Stonefly Press may also provide these firms with information about your order so that they can more easily identify offers that may interest you. If you wish to be excluded from such lists and from receiving third party mailings, or if you prefer that we do not share your order information, please e-mail via our online contact form.
- Stonefly Press may provide Personally Identifiable Information obtained from non-U.S. individuals to its licensee located in the country or region where the individual is located, and our licensee may use this information to communicate with the user. If you prefer that we do not provide your information to our licensee, please e-mail us via our online contact form.
- E-mailings of Stonefly Press newsletters and other materials, as well as various operations of the Website, are handled both in-house and by outside service companies (such as e-mail service providers, address list hosting companies, distribution companies, suppliers and other service providers). On occasion, where Stonefly Press contracts with a service provider, it may request or it may be necessary that the provider collect and/or provide information (including Personally Identifiable Information) directly from our customers on our behalf. In all such situations, Stonefly Press restricts how its suppliers and other service providers may access, use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information. Stonefly Press does not permit these suppliers and other service providers to sellPersonally Identifiable Information to third parties. If you receive information through Stonefly Press or through a third party supplier about Stonefly Press that you prefer not to receive, you should request to be removed from the active mailing list by e-mailing us via our online contact form.
- When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Website, such as one of our online communities, bulletin boards, message boards, blogs or other such open forums, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public. For this reason, we recommend that you exercise caution in the submission of Personally Identifiable Information to these areas of our Website as it will be publicly accessible.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate, non-personally identifiable data regarding user behavior, such as overall patterns or demographic reports, as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Website and e-mails.
- We may use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information in order to investigate any claim or suspicion of a violation of our Website Terms of Service, to assist with law enforcement investigations, or as otherwise required by law.
Stonefly Press may transfer Personally Identifiable Information to a third party in the event of a sale of stock, merger or consolidation, or other transfer of all or a portion of the assets of Stonefly Press, whether voluntarily or by operation of law. In addition, such a transfer may mean that your Personally Identifiable Information is transferred to countries outside the United States. In using the Website and the various features and services made available thereon, you consent to such transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Website Usage information—Not Linked to Personally Identifiable Information
We may use "clear GIFs" (aka "Web beacons" or "pixel tags") or similar technologies in the Website and/or in our communications with you. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a Web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a Web page or message.
IP Address and Clickstream Data
Additionally, when you visit the Website, our server automatically collects data about your server’s IP Address, which is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. When you request pages from our Website, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another Website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Website; the Website you visit after this Website; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Website or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet service provider.
Any or all of the above-described activities with regard to Website Usage Information may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.Links
This Website takes reasonable precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information submitted to Stonefly Press via its Website. However, because the Internet is an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. When possible, certain sensitive Personally Identifiable Information is encrypted and protected using SSL software. To learn more about SSL, follow this link.
You may be able to create an account on our Website with a username and password. If so, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality and security of your account password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of the Website through your password or account, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to (a) immediately notify Stonefly Press of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. When you desire to cancel your account on this Website, it is your responsibility notify Stonefly Press. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personally Identifiable Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would try to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us via our online contact form with the alternative contact information you would like us to use.
If you have any questions about privacy at the Stonefly Press Website, please send an e-mail via our online contact form here.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If your Personally Identifiable Information changes (such as a zip code), or if you no longer desire to use or access our Website or services, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove your Personally Identifiable Information. This can be done through the Website or by contacting Stonefly Press via our online contact form. Stonefly Press Members can also access and update Personally Identifiable Information from the "Your Member Account" page.
If you wish to review the data we have on file about you, please send a written request with a photocopy of your state or federally issued I.D. matching the name on your account, and a check payable to "Stonefly Press" for $10 (handling fee) to Stonefly Press, c/o Data Processing Services, 640 Clematis Street #588, West Palm Beach, FL 33402.
Consent to Worldwide Transfer and Processing of Personal Data
Notification of Changes
Problems or Complaints